A bad suspension system makes an uncomfortable car ride. It’s also dangerous. In and Out Tires can help repair worn shocks and struts.
You were planning to take the kids to the beach today. But, to tell the truth, you’re not looking forward to it. Your car is so uncomfortable to ride and drive, you find you’re avoiding going places.
An uncomfortable ride is a big indication that there’s something wrong with your suspension system, likely worn shocks and/or struts. But it’s not just discomfort you need to worry about, damaged or worn shocks and struts can make your car hard to drive.
How do you know if it’s time for new shocks and struts or if you can go for a few more miles of teeth-rattling drives?
Geico insurance lists seven signs that your shocks and struts need replacing:
“Instability at highway speeds. Your vehicle never feels completely stable on the highway and is constantly moving up and down. The movement may be slight, but you notice it.
- “Vehicle ‘tips’ to one side in turns. When taking a sharp turn or an off-ramp, your vehicle leans or ‘tips’ to the outside of the turn and feels wobbly.
- “The front end dives more than expected during hard braking. You may not notice this until you have to jump hard on the brakes.
- “Rear-end squat during acceleration. You’ll notice the front end of your vehicle rising while the rear “squats” during hard acceleration.
- “Tires bouncing excessively. After hitting a bump, you can feel a tire (or tires) reacting or ‘bouncing’ for a time. You may also hear a clunking noise.
- “Unusual tire wear. Because the tire isn’t being held firmly to the road, the tread wears in a wavy manner instead of evenly.
- “Leaking fluid on the exterior of shocks or struts. This is a sign that the seals have broken and the internal fluids essential to proper function are escaping.”
If you don’t have a trusted Millsboro auto repair technician to help you with car repair chores, it’s time to get to know the Millsboro auto repair specialists at In and Out Tires.
In and Out Tire Pros is a local, family owned auto care and auto repair service center that Bill and Rita Schrider have built into the top, trusted auto repair, auto care, and auto accessories service center in Millsboro. We are dedicated to giving you the very best auto repair and auto care service, with a focus on upfront and honest quotes, timely response to issues, and quality products and parts.
Millsboro Auto Care | Millsboro Engine Repair | Millsboro Auto Repair | Millsboro Car Care | Millsboro Car Repair | In and Out Tire Pros
#MillsboroAutoCare #MillsboroEngineRepair #MillsboroAutoRepair #InandOutTirePros #MillsboroCarCare #MillsboroCarRepair