It’s time to get your car battery tested before really cold winter weather sets in. In and Out Tires can help you with that.
You were planning on an early morning run on the Bob. Instead, you were sitting in your living room, looking out the window, waiting for someone to come get your car started because your battery had died.
That’s not surprising. Millsboro’s early mornings have been chilly recently and cold mornings are notorious for killing off car batteries. According to patch.com, “Dead or dying batteries are always the biggest reasons for the tremendous surge in roadside assistance calls during a cold snap.”
Patch.com offers these facts about batteries:
- “It is a fact of life: cold weather is a battery killer. Make sure the battery terminals and cables are securely attached and free of corrosion. A load test performed by a qualified technician will help determine if a car’s battery is strong enough for cold weather starts.
- “At zero degrees, a car’s battery loses about 60 percent of its strength, yet the engine needs about twice as much power to start!
- “Add to the mix extra items we plug into our cars (cell phone chargers, upgraded audio, and GPS devices) and a battery’s life can be drained even faster. Even at 32 degrees, a battery is 35 percent weaker.”
Just because cold weather is hard on batteries, that doesn’t mean you’re going to be left stranded. You can take a preventive step by having your battery tested before really cold weather sets in. If the battery is iffy, then it’s probably time to replace it. Patch.com also notes that batteries may give warning signals that they’re about to fail:
- “You hear a grinding or clicking sound when you turn on the ignition,
- “Your vehicle cranks slowly when attempting to start.
- “Your headlights dim when idling but brighten when the engine is revved.
- “Your battery is more than three (3) years old.”
If you experience any of these warning signs, or you want your battery tested, see the trusted Millsboro auto care technicians at In and Out Tires.
In and Out Tire Pros is a local, family owned auto care and auto repair service center that Bill and Rita Schrider have built into the top, trusted auto repair, auto care, and auto accessories service center in Millsboro. We are dedicated to giving you the very best auto repair and auto care service, with a focus on upfront and honest quotes, timely response to issues, and quality products and parts.
Millsboro Auto Care | Millsboro Auto Repair | Millsboro Battery | In and Out Tire Pros
#MillsboroAutoCare #MillsboroAutoRepair #InandOutTirePros #MillsboroBattery