Heating and A/C systems wear over time. Routine maintenance ensure that the temperature of your automobile cabin remains comfortable for you and your passengers.
WHAT THEY DO
Heating and A/C systems function to keep your vehicle cabin warm in the winter and cool in the summer. It’s also your A/C system that makes sure your windows are defrosted in the winter. Your heating systems is comprised of a heating unit core that acts like a small radiator behind the dash. A fan and hoses push the warmth from the engine to the center. Air conditioning systems work similarly by delivering coolant to the fan that then blows cool air in the cabin. Unlike residential heating and cooling systems, your heater and A/C don’t completely operate off electric parts, rather they make use of the engine’s heat energy and the engine’s cooling down capacities to alter the temperature.
WHY REGULAR SERVICE IS IMPORTANT
Heating and A/C systems wear gradually with usage. Hose pipes can get blocked and leak if not serviced. This leads to inadequate performance. Basic upkeep will keep your vehicle comfortable for the life of your car.
WHAT TROUBLE SIGNS SHOULD I LOOK FOR?
- Is your air conditioning blowing a little cooler than the air outside?
- Does the air that blows in smells moist, rotten, or like mildew?
- Does your cabin fail to warm up in winter? Or is it somewhat warmer than outside?
- Does the defroster takes longer than normal to operate? Does it blows in filthy air?
- Does your heating or A/C only operate when driving, not blowing when the automobile is idle?
- Does your heater blows chilly air, or the A/C blows warm?
- At the greatest setting, do your vents fail to push out much air?
A COMPREHENSIVE HEATING & A/C ASSESSMENT INCLUDES:
- Checking the interior and blower
- Inspecting radiator coolant level, hose pipes, pressure cap and thermostat
- Examining the compressor belt
- Checking for leaks or additional damages.
- A cooling system pressure examination
- Contrasting the air conditioning pressure to producer specifications
- Testing the A/C system for refrigerant holes
- Check the interior vent air temperature
Schedule your heating or air conditioning check prior to the the season, to guarantee you have the most comfortable driving experience. Call us today to set up your next car A/C repair. Or click on the schedule service button. It’s that easy!