Fluids such as engine oil, transmission fluid, brake fluid, antifreeze, and power steering fluid are essential to inspect and replace on a regular basis.
WHY ARE THESE FLUIDS SO IMPORTANT?
Fluids including engine oil, transmission fluid, brake fluid, antifreeze/coolant and power steering fluid maintain vital parts of your automobile and keep it running safely. Engine oil is necessary for the total lubrication of your engine and it’s parts. Transmission fluid keeps your transmission running efficiently and free from sliding. Brake fluid aids the braking system. Antifreeze and coolant keeps your engine from overheating as a result of combustion, and the lines from freezing in colder temperatures. Power steering fluid helps in the power steering function of your automobile.
WHY SERVICE IS NECESSARY?
In order to work properly, these fluids need to be kept topped off, and clean from fragments. It is important that these fluids be inspected and changed at routine periods to maintain your car’s performance. When fluids are not maintained, they burn, run low,and accumulate debris. Understanding and maintaining your fluids can easily expand the life of your automobile.
WHAT SHOULD THESE FLUIDS LOOK LIKE & HOW CAN I TELL IF THERE IS A PROBLEM?
- Radiator Fluid should be brilliant green and extremely slippery.
- Antifreeze, or coolant, can be pink or green and is hazardous to your pets. Ingesting this fluid creates a serious health danger to animals. Antifreeze should be examined and topped off with every oil change
- Brake Fluid is a light yellow. It becomes a foggy brown color when combined with water.
- Power steering Fluid has a yellow tint. Power fluid should be inspected with oil changes to ensure that it is working adequately.
- Automatic Transmission fluid has a deep red hue. and a sharp smell . It iss thick in structure and should be changed roughly every 30,000 miles. A lack of transmission fluid can easily trigger a transmission to stick or slide
- Windshield Washer fluid could be any kind of range of colors from brilliant blue, orange, pink or yellow.
- Motor Oil can be bright or dark brown depending on how often you change it. (New motor oil is light brown, while aged motor oil will be a darker tone). It it recommend that you have your motor oil changed every 3000-5000 miles.
WHAT DOES MAINTAINING FLUIDS INVOLVE?
- Ensure that fluids are filled to the correct level.
- Ensure that fluids are clean and clear of fragments
- Ensure that all fluid systems are flushed and free from leakages
Scheduling a regular fluid maintenance routine will keep your car at its top performance. We can help you with this. Call today, or click on the schedule service button. It’s that easy!