Prevent some of the most common sources of breakdown by making sure your belts and hoses are checked at normal periods.
Belts are subject to wear and tear over time, leaving them at risk of slipping, breaking, or becoming so slack that it may not work effectively. Hose pipes may glaze and crack after years of use or when exposed to extreme temperatures. A damaged hose pipe can result in vital fluids dripping from your engine, causing harm to engine parts.
HOW CAN I TELL IF MY BELTS OR HOSES ARE AT RISK?
Ask your mechanic about belts and hoses if you notice any of the following:
- Lack of power
- Squealing or grinding noise
- If you feel vibrations, ‘slips’ or ‘catching’
It is recommended to have belts and hoses examined every 3,000 miles or with every oil change. A belt and hose pipe evaluation checks for:
- Glazing, cracking, peeling and softening of belts
- Proper tensioning
- Appropriate drive pulley alignment
- Punctures and cracks
- Hardening, cracking and softening of hose pipes
- A cooling system pressure examination to assist examine for cracks
- Loosened or worn clamps
Contact us today to set up your next belt and hose replacement. Or just click on the schedule service button. It’s that easy!